Monday, March 13, 2006

Well, that is over with

Another busy weekend for LJ. I went over to AFs on Friday night and we watched Walk the Line. It was pretty good, an interesting story to be sure, but after seeing both that and transamerica, I think felicity huffman did a better job in her role. I think it would be way more challenging, and also, I didn't think that reese witherspoons role wasn't really even that big. She was in it a lot, but I'd think that it would be more in the role of supporting actress. But I digress.

Saturday we were up bright and early to head to bville. It was definitely a whirl wind weekend. We got to my dad's place at around noon and AF gave him some gold bond cream to help with the "itch" he was having from his "rash". As I had suspected, my dad thought it was hilarious and proceeded to tell everyone about it over the weekend. I think it was a good way to break the ice between them :). before lunch I showed AF around my property and we walked down to the sap line (for maple syrup). It was beautiful out! after lunch we went for a walk in the woods behind my dad's and went quickly into town. I bought a new winter jacket since the ones I have now, are pretty crappy (my good one doesn't keep me warm anymore and my other won isn't waterproof and was never really warm, and they are both boy jackets and look crappy on me!). So yes, my new jacket is a Northface Banchee. Very nice :) And since my dad has sent a lot of business to the owner of the store, we get a great discount :) cost me $220 (note: this site is selling to for 170 pounds which is like $374 plus shipping!)

Saturday evening we went for Dinner at my sister and bro-in law's. They actually had company then - my aunt, uncle and cousin from Ottawa so AF got to meet more family than we originally planned. It went pretty well though, no one said or did anything embarrassing, and AF seemed to really like my uncle in particular - He is an electrical engineer and used to rock climb so they could talk shop about both while everyone elses eyes sort of glazed over.

Sunday morning we started watching the Constant Gardner but we didn't get a chance to finish it. It is one I've wanted to see for a while, so hopefully we'll rent it soon. I thought it was really cool because the beginning takes place in Kenya and it looks so much like where my sister lives in Tanzania. And the language (swahili) was the same so I was able to pick up a bit of what they were saying. Very cool. Friends of our family came over for lunch (Brian and Helen, Brian would be my dad's best friend, Helen was my mum's, and I used to be best friends with their daughter for the fist 15 years of my life, they are kind of my surrogate parents :)). Danielle and Maddy also came over and Maddy pretty much stole the limelight. That kid is getting so smart, and of course she was as adorable as ever. After everyone headed out we got our stuff together and headed back to the loo. We got back into town at 8:00 on the dot to find all the grocery stores closing for the night. Gar! No... food... in... apartment. I guess I'll manage for another day.

So that was my weekend. We managed to get through it with no embarassing occurances and AF met a lot of people without incidence. I hope everyone liked him :)

No comments: