Friday, February 04, 2005

Bad Shoe News... :(

So the updates on my favorite running shoe series ever (the ones that keep me from injury and saw me through 4 triathlons, 1 half marathon and countless shorter races) is finally in stores. I tried them on last night when I was at the running room for my clinic and have put them on hold, I'm going back for them tonight. All sounds hunky dory right? well, looks like they made a pretty critical change to them which might not bode well for me. I have high arches but I overpronate which is not common (I pronate because of my knees, not my feet), so this years model has all the same stability, but they have decreased the arch support, so that may be bad news for me. I'm going to try them on the treadmill at the gym a few times so that I can return them if need be.

I just don't understand why they would change something so big? it is like it is whole new model of shoe. I am considering sending New Balance hate mail... well, not really hate mail, but certainly not happy mail :(

3 comments:

Blythe said...

oh dear, that is too bad :(

Anonymous said...

would putting in insoles work?

lj said...

I've had bad insole experiance in the past that makes me kind of hesitant now. I ran 3 km on them in the gym on Friday and so far, so good, I'll run on the treadmill a couple more times before I make up my mind for sure...