Monday, February 28, 2005

Ugh...

Well, I'm back. I got into wloo around 4 yesterday and bummed around the house and didn't have the energy to do any work.

I'll give a quick summary of my life for the last 10 days

Feb. 18th - rush like crazy trying to get everything ready finally get out the door like 15 minutes late and had a chance to breathe and relax. if I have good traffic, I should get to my dad's girlfriend's house in Toronto shortly after five. I take out my cell to call my dad and realize my battery is dead. ugh, oh well, hopefully won't be an issue. So there was a massive pile up on highway 8 and the traffic was backed way up. Yep, took me a full hour to get down to the 401! so at this time, I'm supposed to be at my dad's girlfriends in like 10-15 minutes. totally not happening. I pullover at the service centre and call... apparently there was another massive pileup between her house and the airport, so it is good thing that I call. We both leave immediately (4:55) to go to the airport (my flight is supposed to take off at 7:00). I luckily had pretty clear sailing to the airport from there and got there at like 5:45 only to find out my plane was delayed an hour and a half!!! my dad comes and picks up the car... I get into edmonton at 10:40 pm local time...

Feb. 19th - At NC's. We went into Red Deer, and I got the grand tour. We had a good chance to chat and catch up (That was great!) and when NC went to work, I did my long run of the week. I think I did like 2 or 3 loops of Black Falds!!!

Feb. 20th - go to edmonton, watch the movie Hitch and fly to Vancouver... again, my flight is delayed by 30 minutes, so I was a little late arriving. Met KB and AL at the airport and went for dinner at Milestones (mmmm... belinis!).

Feb. 21st - Go downtown with Kel. tour Stanley Park and go shopping on Robson. Go for a run with Kel (ugh, that hill was hard!) and watched a Sharks Tale (pretty good, but not excellent).

Feb. 22nd - Dad picks me up on the way to Whistler and go for a run once up there. we also went to this website, it is super cool. http://www.pixyland.org/peterpan/

Feb. 23rd - Ski at whistler :)
Feb. 24th - Aunt is feeling unwell, so help with dinner and go for another run
Feb. 25th - ski at whistler again :) Em came this time.
Feb. 26th - Grey hound back to Vancouver... third time on public transit and... again it is late!!! Hang out with Kel in the afternoon and go for dinner with AL and KB. Didn't get to visit with AL long, but was nice. His work are slave drivers. Go out with Kel, Em and Em's friend on Saturday night, meant to go dancing, but all the places had like 2 hour lines (at 10:15!!!). So we ended up just going to a restaurant/pub. Got home to Kels at 2:30
Feb. 27th - Up at 4 (yep, that is 1.5 hours sleep) to go to the airport for my flight... again... late! only 15 minutes this time, and they delayed it to make sure everyone got on. They had issues with cancellations the night before so the line up was crazy to get my boarding pass an my luggage checked. Way too stressfull for 5 am. Got into Toronto at 1:30 and had to wait close to an hour for my luggage. Went home and relaxed last night.

This morning I got up super early again (6 am - but 3 am in Vancouver where half my body still thinks I am) to go for my weekly long run with Erika. We did 9.5 or so. And that brings me to now. I'm at school and very tired. I'm going to stay until 3 or so and go home for a nap and work on my marking. Way too much to get done this week :(

1 comment:

Blythe said...

Glad that you had a good time, but happier that you are back :)