Tuesday, July 26, 2005

3rd Post of the Day

So lately I've become quite happy about being single. I like having my time to do what I want to do. Not feel like I have to do x because that is what "the guy" is doing. For the past I-don't-know-how-many weekends now I have been busy at least one of the nights and I need me time to relax, unwind, clean, organize, read, etc. Honestly this has been probably the first time in my life I've been really content about being single.

So tonight trying to fill the void in my life that the end of the tour has left me (plus not being able to carry through with my original plans of going to to gym to do weights due to my achey, post immunized arms), I was watching trashy TV again for the first time since before the tour started 3 weeks ago. I had on some show and then when that was over everyones favorite king of trash came on. "Average Joe". I've never been a big average joe fan, well, a fan of any of the reality dating shows (except for blind date, I had a bit of an obsession with that back in 2a :))

Okay, so getting to the point. Half an hour of watching this trash and I'm backing to just wishing I had that someone special back in my life to share life experiences with. What is with that?!? Is it just media that makes girls want this story book love or is it in our genetic code, or is just that time of the month? Why can't we just be happy about being single and stay that way? It's not as if I have any options around me. Everyone I know I either know to well, they are dating someone, or are otherwise unavailable (gay, uninvolved, not a good match, whatever). Nor do I have time to start a relationship right now with leaving for Africa in less than 4 weeks, and Danielle's wedding in just over 3. Man. I need to get back to that place I was 2 hours ago!

3 comments:

BrightDolphin said...

You've been a busy poster! Wowee!

I know what you mean about wanting that 'special someone'. It's tough at times, but then I realize that what I want isn't actually a relationship, but that feeling of being loved and appreciated by someone who isn't related to me. I think television puts this pressure on single women to 'find their perfect match'. This results in shows like "the bachelor", where no couples have gotten married (I'm not counting the Bachelorette because that was a woman choosing, and women don't choose their men based purely on physical attraction!).

I look around me and yes, I see some friends who are dating (some seem to find dates easily too... lucky!) or in serious relationships. The thing that separates me from them is stability. The ones in serious relationships have stability in their lives in every other area: job, house, finances, etc. I don't have those things. In the case of someone like C-dub (as an example), the only thing she seems to be missing in her life is someone to share it with. That's a far cry from where I sit. I don't know what I'll be doing two months from now, let alone where I'll be.

I think once the rest is sorted out, I'll be in a much better position to know what I'm looking for in a relationship.

In the mean time, however, just know that you are loved and appreciated by your friends! :o)

Lotus Blossom said...

Does the media put pressure on women to find that "someone special"... that is an interesting question...

There are a lot of 'reality shows' where the point of the show (if it can be said there is a point) is to "find love". I am skeptical as to whether or not you can find love on a reality show... but I guess we'll have to wait and see if Rob & Amber get divorced!

As for Exaggerator's comment about C-dub... she does seem to have things together... I'm so very happy for her! (I'm happy for everyone, btw... no favorites here!)

C-dub said...

Well thanks guys. It does seem like my life has all been coming together in the last little while.

So, if it can happen to me, it can happen to all of you too! Just gotta keep your eyes open (better than Harry and Lloyd could on Dumb & Dumber)!