Tuesday, July 05, 2005

May I introduce...

My new bike :D

The Fuji Aloha
http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=21
I got a great deal on last years model (yellow replaced with red) and it was $500 off :)

I'm still feeling a little crappy this morning, I have a brutal headache because of how dehydrated I am. I have to be home from 11-2 when the cable guy comes to hook up my OLN (tour watching!), so I think i'm just going to head into school and make sure I have enough stuff to keep me busy today at home. I'm not sure how productive I'm going to be in my current state, but you never know. I'm attempting to eat breakfast this morning - plain white toast and gingerale. Oooh, healthy! ;)

3 comments:

Blythe said...

Ooohh, aaahhhh. Is this the one from Braun's?

Oh, and Chris would like to take a look at your old bike. He is definitely interested in getting a road bike. Yipeee!

Lotus Blossom said...

So... what's the difference between a "road bike" and a "triathlon bike"?

lj said...

Niki - The shape is a bit different, Tri bikes are similar to time trial road bikes which are designed to get you into the best aerodynamic position. Normal road races you race in a huge pack of riders to aerodynamics don't play a huge role, in time trials and triathlons you are on your own and not allowed to "draft" (follow closely) off of other riders.

Tri bikes also have a bit different geometry designed to save your legs for the run portion of the race, I think it uses a slightly different muscle group on the bike :)

Great Question though!!!