Thursday, July 28, 2005

My feet smell like swamp

My shin splints are starting to come back a bit so I figured I'd wear my hiking shoes today to be proactive in this (since my sandals have like NO arch support. So I've got my orthotics in, which I've only been wearing for running lately. It seems to be doing the trick. Unfortunately my hikers also smell like swamp. As in literally a swamp. Some would say "wetland" since that is a more pleasant term, but to describe my feet as smelling like "wetland" doesn't really do justice to how much they stink. I guess it is time to buy a new pair of hikers for every day wear and only where these ones for my outdoor adventures (in swamps, or otherwise).

I've thought more about this single vs. couple debate... I think it is the media that got me thinking this way. And was probably the media that made me forget about it for a while too. Seeing as the tour was on for pretty much the same length of time as I was feeling this way, that is all I was watching on TV. Not really the opportunity to see happy people in love. Comprenez?

On to less interesting stuff. I went swimsuit shopping with EK last night, and they had like NONE left. At least none that fit my "above average" figure. And definitely not in the style I want. I finally worked myself up to buy a new two piece too. (Note: I have one two piece swimsuit - it is 7 years old, and very much out of style). Oh well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'll continue swimming in my speedos and nikes indefinitely.

Oh, and I wish I could write more eloquently. I love reading stuff that is well written, and well, That isn't my work. You know what I mean? Some people just have a really good way with words.

1 comment:

BrightDolphin said...

I agree on the television issue. I generally avoid shows about dating because they not only make me feel like I'm missing something, but the freaks on those shows also tend to put me off dating in general! It's scary out there!

It would have been really funny if you said that your feet "smell like wetland". :o)

My writing instructor says the only thing that you need to do to become a writer is to write (preferably everyday). So, if you want to write more eloquently, I guess just practice, practice, practice!