Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Exciting news :)

Okay, so before I get harassed, still no word on whether I have malaria. I'm thinking not. Honestly, it feels more like I'm pregnant, but there is no chance of that. But more on this topic later. This morning I woke up feeling queasy again, but had 17Km planned. Not fun. I decided to go and let myself pull out if need be. I got to the 8 K mark and still felt pretty good so I headed off in the direction that would be 9K left to go. I feel much better now. It is weird that running has been helping my queasiness. Note, the same thing happened on Sunday morning for my long run. Hopefully I'll find out later today if I have an infection of some kind and be able to go on drugs to clear it up. (I'm not a huge fan of antibiotics, but I don't want this cold to linger and effect my marathon).

Training swim started last night, and it was pretty tough, but I'm proud of myself. the workout went something like this

Warm-up
400 whatever you want
100 pull
100 kick
100 IM (Individual medly, means 25 fly, 25 back, 25 breast, 25 free)

Workout
4 x 100 alternating front crawl and back crawl on 1:45. This left me enough time to recover on the front crawl, but only seconds on back crawl - not my strongest stroke
Then some shorter stuff... can't quite remember what
3 x 75 on the 1:30. Lots of time to recover on these ones
some more easier stuff then...
8 x 25 dolphin kick on the 45 alternating between back and front... WTF??? I've never done dolphin kick on my back before - remember I didn't race back crawl. Now that was painfull, not even able to recover before switching to my front again.

Cool-down
200 whatever.

Man it was tough. A total of 2050 yds, not a whole lot, but more than I have swum at one time since the last time I did training swim (close to 3 years ago!). It felt good to be back in it though. I <3 swimming :)

So now for the exciting news. And yes it does pertain to the more on pregnancy issue. I got a call from D last night and looks like I'm going to have another godchild :D. She is due at the end of May :) I'm pretty excited. It is weird having a best friend with kids, but better her than me :)

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

I have a best friend with kiddies too! Pass on my congrats to D... that is most excellent news!!!

Are you sure you want to rule out the possibility of immaculate conception? Have you seen any UFO's lately? ;)

How long is training swim? I went to swimming last night (even though I'm still sick-ish). I decided to go in the "fly clinic" (1 coach runs a 'clinic' of sorts every practice - the other runs a workout) as it would be less work. It was fun and not too hard, but felt good to be in the water.

Blythe said...

Oooohh how exciting!!

I'm glad your training swim went well! You'll have to stop by so that I can do an impersonation of Martin last night at the end of class. Priceless!!! *giggling*

lj said...

Sweetie - it is an hour, but the first 5-10 minutes were taken up by management type stuff since it was the first class. Burger, I'll be right there :)