Friday, September 16, 2005

The new love of my life

So when I was visiting Kate, her roommate made this porridge type stuff out of millet flour, it was pretty good and I searched hi and lo for millet flour at Zehr's, but no dice, couldn't find it. Jamie and Kate suggested that I try cream of wheat since it was pretty similar, so I got that instead. I made it for breakie this morning and oh my! I put cinnamon, brown sugar and raisens on top, and it was scrum-didily-umptious!!! I think I'm in love with a new breakfast food.

Other news. well, there is none. This afternoon I'm getting my hair cut. Might go for something drastically different. With the exception of the brief foray with short hair in 2002, I've pretty much had the same hair style since starting university 6 years ago. I want something different dammit!!! Tonight is also the kingdom, so I'm going to get the hair dresser to do something funky with it :)

Oh, and I went for a run this morning, and it was pretty perfect. I did my usual 8 km route in 47:45 which is only 15 seconds slower than the fastest I've run it leisurely. I've run it faster when I was trying to, but this morning my heart rate stayed under 70% for almost the entire run (except for a few short uphills). It'll be interesting to see what sort of time I can pull off in the marathon.

1 comment:

Lotus Blossom said...

Cream of Wheat is my absolute favorite breakfast dish... and it is so filling. I like it with a bit of margarine melted in to it. For a twist, add a tablespoon of your favorite jam - I reccomend raspberry.