Monday, September 19, 2005

The love affair continues

My new combination - Cream of wheat and raspberries! yummy!!!!! I got frozen raspberrries last week to make jam, and I have some left over, so I tried it with my cream of wheat and success! Yummy :)

On Friday I went to get my hair cut (it is between my shoulder and my chin now. Just long enough to pull back, but pretty short). Then it was off to B-town to hang out with the Nej and C-dub. We had a blast, went to the kingdom and then foot attire shopping on Saturday. I didn't get anything, there were a few pairs of shoes and boots that I liked a lot, but they were either out of my price range (like over $200 for boots) or not in the right size. I stopped by Conestoga mall on my way home as a last ditch attempt and found one of the pairs I had liked at Transit in my size. yay! They are brown and pink and have cool velcro closures. And they were pretty cheap too!

Saturday night I did nothing of consequence. Watched some tv, read some, and went to bed pretty early. Sunday morning was my longest run to date - 30 km! I did the last 4 km just a bit faster than my hopefull marathon pace, and it felt really good. Yay! I wanted to do the Terry Fox run (well, walk) as well, but I didn't make it back in time, maybe next year?

Sunday afternoon I lazed around, and by lazed, I mean lazed. I wanted to sleep, but the adreneline from my afternoon rum wouldn't let me fall asleep, so I just hung out instead. In the evening I made my raspberry jam, and cleaned my kitchen up a bit. It is amazing how fast I can make a mess. Give me 5 minutes in any room, and it'll look like a tornado hit.

1 comment:

BrightDolphin said...

lol, I'm assuming when you wrote that the "adrenaline from my afternoon rum" wouldn't let you sleep, that you meant "run"... ;o)

I've never had cream of wheat. Perhaps I shall try it sometime.