Monday, February 20, 2006

Busy Weekend

Seems to be the trend these days.

Friday night was off to brampton but before I got a chance to leave, AF called needing someone to talk to. His sister had an appointment with the eye doctor and Thursday and he noticed she had very little periferal vision. That combined with increasingly strong headaches has prompted them to run more tests. They think she either has glycoma or a tumor, but in suprising haste for our medical system, she's got the further test scheduled for this wednesday. Before ringing off (ooo, I feel so british!) I managed to convince him that there is no point worrying about the worst case outcome right now and that he should assume the best case scenario until he hears otherwise. Glycoma can be serious, but it is very easy to treat once it has been diagnosed.

Friday was the girly movie watching night, but I was exhausted from my week (why? not sure, really since I got a lot of sleep...) but I fell asleep around 11 when watching the first movie and didn't make it much into the second one before falling asleep again. Such good company i keep.

Saturday was shopping with the girls, and surprisingly I didn't buy one thing... well, except for lunch. At the end of the day (like 5 something) it was time to head back to waterloo. Went over to AFs for the night and watched a really great movie. Everything is Illuminated. I would definitely recommend it for anyone who likes indi movies. In fact I'm very surprised that it wasn't nominated for any oscars. We ordered dinner in and then settled down to watch princess bride. And it true laura fashion, I didn't make it past the iocane powder. Man. I love that movie, but nowadays I always fall asleep in it. it is like my comfort food in movie form.

Sunday we went to home sense (for AF to buy sheets) and to Best buy for me to get RAM. Didn't get it though since it was expensive. We went climbing. My first time in 4 years. Man, my upper body is sore today. I really need to start working on my upper body strength again. I want to be able to climb a rated climb. This is my new goal. On the way back home we stopped in at Computer XS where I got my RAM and Adventure Guide when AF got climbing chalk. I'll never go in that store again when I'm in a hurry with him. Man, it was like a kid in a candy store :). Then running with EK (9 km! furthest I've been a few months) and dinner and groceries. Long busy day to say the least. Didn't get much of a chance to sit down and relax after leaving his apartment in the morning.

Today is back at school trying to get my next phase of modelling sorted out. Stuff looks good so far, and if all goes well, I'll have a bunch more data to analyze tomorrow with full results and start of the next phase on Wednesday, yipee!

1 comment:

Blythe said...

Oh geez that sounds awful (his sister). Hopefully everything turns out alright.