Monday, February 20, 2006

Post number two for the day. I'm in shock.

I just got this e-mail from a friend from highschool...

Spreading the news of a very big event and experience of a lifetime for me, not to mention a great way to start off as a Vancouverite....

As some of you already know, I will be performing next weekend in the closing ceremonies of the Torino Winter Olympics as part of the Vancouver 2010 presentation as the Olympic flag is passed to its next host.

I will be flying to Italy tomorrow (Feb 20th) and spending about a week in Torino as the games come to a close. The ceremonies will be on Sunday, February 26th at 8pm local time in Torino, which would mean 2pm EST (11am PST, etc)

As for how you can find me personally during the broadcast, our section is tentatively scheduled to run approx 1 hour 15 minutes into the show, 9:15 local and will run about 9 minutes. This is a big introduction for Vancouver 2010, and the first opportunity to globally market our games, and show people around the world what Vancouver and Canada are all about. As you can imagine it is a huge thrill for me to get to represent my country and my new home on such a huge stage!!! In case you were wondering, it will be 35,000 live spectators and millions of television viewers worldwide.

Vancouver 2010 and the 50 performers including yours truly have put together what will be a really impressive production, and I hope that many of you get the chance to see it. I will be on inline skates as a hockey player and speed skater during our brief part of the ceremonies. Don't know as of yet how it will be broadcast, but just look for the tall one!!! (I'll have #6 on the back of my sweater during the hockey part as well)

I hope that I get a chance to catch up with you all personally in the near future, but if you get a chance to catch the show on Sunday, please do!!! I've been very blessed to have this opportunity, and would love to share it however possible with family and friends. We have been putting this show together over the last 3 months and very intensely over the past week this large cast of performers from mostly Vancouver and Montreal have come together and formed an amazing group, it really feels already like we've all known each other and worked together for years, very indicative of the Olympic spirit in itself.

Wish I could take everybody with me, but I will have lots of pictures and stories I'm sure, and will figure out some way to get everything online for you all to see as soon as possible.

All the best

Kevin

1 comment:

Lotus Blossom said...

That sounds like such an awesome experience!