Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Well, this is it

My last day in at school until next tuesday. Note: I refrained from using the word work. For good reason. I'm hording tranpsortable work to take with me for the next week and have a solid 3 or so days of work ahead of me. I figure I'll be able to get in several hours tomorrow and Monday as I'll be travelling all day, and I'll take one day off of skiing and work in the evenings. Wow, what a glamourous "Vacation". Believe me, no relaxing around the campfire this time, I don't have time for that. On the Agenda, marking assignments for the course I'm TA-ing (10-15 hours), re-reading a thesis that has become more important than it was the first time I flipped through it (4-5 hours), Reading several more articles for my lit review that will have to be updated due to the changing focus of my research (5-10 hours), and rough draft preparation of UW grad conference presentation and Batelle Paper (~ 5 hours, really, as much time as I want to put into this). So yes, I'll be a busy non-vacationing girl.

As for what I have been up to. I spent most of the weekend stressing about my modelling, but took a break from about 7 on friday night to 6 on sunday night. I was literally stumped and spent a lot of time thinking about it, but not a whole lot of time doing actual works. Friday night we went out for dinner at Kelsey's... it is amazing how even dinner at a lower end restaurant can get expensive when it is for two people. No problem though. How many times in ones lifetime does one become eligible to become a canadian citizen? Skiing on Saturday was pretty good. By the end of the afternoon AF could comfortably ski down the second easiest run without falling and could make it down the hardest green run (with falling though). I think next time we go he'll be significantly better. I need to get him to just be more comfortable on skis and not so tense and it'll make a world of difference. Saturday night and Sunday morning we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I love that movie! I can honestly say that it is one of my favorites. I think he enjoyed it as well. He's into those indy-mind-game type of movies. Sunday I lazed around most of the day. Had a nap, read some and then got to work.

That is it, that is all. Hopefully I can get done some serious work this week while I'm away. Even though I won't get the modelling done, I'll have a bit of a break and that is usually a good thing. I can start in again with a fresh perspective :)

4 comments:

Blythe said...

I hope you have a fabulous trip! It's gonna be weird around here without you. BTW, would you like another paczki? There are 3 sitting in my office.

BrightDolphin said...

Don't forget to have fun during all that work! ;)

C-dub said...

woah, you sounds as busy as I am these days :S

find time to enjoy your vacation!

Lotus Blossom said...

Enjoy you 'vacation'!