Friday, December 03, 2004

Weird Dreams... and Disrupted sleep

My cold kept on waking me up last night, so I had a very disturbed night sleep. I dreamed about just about everything, two stand out, one I was getting a major windfall from the lab work burger and I did in October (that we still haven't gotten paid for!) We are supposed to get ~$400, but in my dream we got $625 wahoo! and in another I was explaining to K how I felt... in the dream though, there was some sort of distance issue, which there isn't actually in real life... Maybe I'm starting to get the itch to move, who knows. I can guarantee you that at least conciously, I have absolutely no desire to move.

The cold is no better, but no worse this morning. I think that if it hasn't at all improved by tomorrow that I will go to the walk in clinic. This is the fourth cold I have had in 3 months, I just want to be better already!!!

As for suggestions that I have gotten about making a move on K. The thing is a) I don't want to be hurt b) I don't want to feel like a fool. When I liked R last year, I liked him a whole lot more (maybe since the timeline was longer, who knows), and R was definitely flirtatious back which made me feel like he may have felt the same way, and well, we all know how that one turned out. Mind you, as burger has pointed out this morning, I have less emotional investment than I did with R last year, so I don't really have as much to lose. I have some serious thinking and decision making to do over the weekend. And for C-dub... I don't have his number, so that is kind of out of the picture, any move would have to be via e-mail.

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

You have to take chances, LJ... I know it sucks that the possibility of getting hurt is always lingering over any possible-boy decisions that are made, but if you do nothing you will accomplish nothing.

As for making a move over email... that would be perfectly fine in today's email-obsessed society. Either email him asking for his number, or email asking to go to coffee (or any other such boy-related activities where you can talk and get to know each other).

Anonymous said...

ASK HIM!!! Do it over email if you have to, although I would suggest f2f. You can learn a lot more about whatever answer he gives if you can see him in person. Is a "yeah... I guess..." or "HELL YA!" or maybe "Yes, but..." or "No, but..." You can never quite tell over email. I totally understand your fears on rejection, looking stupid, etc. It's normal. If you were 100% confident, I'd say there was something wrong with you. :)

Consider yourself getting cheers from Planet-Van.

Andrew

Anonymous said...

Dooooo it. Dooooo it. you know you want to!
kbum