Monday, December 06, 2004

Why Laura Hates being put on the spot

I just got a call from Wei Xao asking is I would be willing to CA 583 (note, this is NOT one of the 5 I put on my TA application form). I told him that I was concerned that the amount of work involved would be more than the 75 hours per term (since it took us like 20 hours a week!) He said he had talked to Bob and that bob thought it would be about 4 hours a week, so I said yes. Why oh Why????? At least I have a CA I guess, but why 583????????? (I'm thinking I'm the only one that applied for a TA/CA that had taken 583)

4 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

Don't mind me, but what's a "CA"? I know what a TA is... but after that, I'm lost! :D

lj said...

CA= Course Assistant, half the work of a TA with half the pay. 75 hours per term instead of 150 so in some ways good, in others, not so good!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain...

but think about it, this means that you can mark super harshly, (deduct marks for things that are clearly there, table headings, spelling etc.) plus no one ever gets to know who you are! That is if Bob is anything like Nick who wouldn't exactly tell us who was marking.
kbum

Lotus Blossom said...

Ah... one of those... :)