Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Wow, stupid blogger

It took me FOREVER to be able to get into m blog to make the changes I wanted. You may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog. I noticed this weekend that when I search "First name last name" & City I live in on google, I was like the second hit. Not that I don't want people to know who I am, I could care less about that, but I'd prefer that it weren't that easy to find on google!!! (especially when the first link in the hydro lab with my picture on it!). So I went through this morning and changed all the city names to be abreviated and I have temporarily deleted all my links from the side bar, to protect all your links from prying eyes should people find my blog. Hopefully google will recatalog websites soon and pick up my changes and make me "safe" again. I feel like I have an STD or something!!! I think I am now being paranoid.

Okay, so news? nothing much. I talked to Bob yesterday about 583, and I feel a lot better about it. He is cutting down the size of the "technical memos" a bunch and it should be pretty easy to mark. He said that if I am spending a lot more than 5 hours a week then we will re-evaluate the workload. I'm heading into school this morning to work on modflow. I finally started doing my assignment yesterday just to find out my version is corrupt and that I have to use the computers at school :( hopefully they will still be available, slacker me for staying home so late!

That is it for now, I'm still reading all of your blogs even if the links are temporarily gone!

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

Okay... so what's the big deal if someone finds your blog through Google? It is posted in a public domain (the internet)? I'm just curious... is this more of that big-city paranoia that Exaggerator was suffering from earlier?

lj said...

Yeah, I'm not really concerned about people finding this accidentally, but I don't really want it to be that searchable. you don't have you last name on your blog, and I do, so I feel a little more vulnerable there. And what if someone I know but am not close with serches for "my name" and "w/loo", then they will know all my deepest secrets, that I would rather just keep amoung friends. understand?

Blythe said...

don't blame you one bit! i'm all about the anonymous user (obviously) though i slip from time to time.