Monday, June 20, 2005

Another weekend gone

And none too exciting either! Kind of weird that I like being in waterloo for the weekend and not going anywhere, but I always end up being bored when I'm here.

Friday was a busy tri-training day. Went for a swim in the morning and managed to sneak in 2000 yards, go me! Later I went to the gym and did my weights and drove over to the soccer practice, I was 25 minutes early, so decided to take advantage and go for the run I had planned. Ended up doing 4, I wanted to do more, but I was pretty happy I got in anything at all.

Saturday I went to the Market. I love going there. I bought some orange gerbers and they are totally brightening up my kitchen. I love flowers :). Later on I read some, slept some, and finally got out of my lazy spell around 4 and cleaned my apartment. Top to Bottom. Man, it felt good. My apartment is now sparkling :). Around 9 I got a call from my cousin, she was going to be in KW sunday for her NLS (Lifeguard) recertification and needed a place to stay on Sunday night so that brightened my day.

Sunday, had my race in the morning :D. We all know that it went really well. I'm still grinning about it this morning. It feels really good to have accomplished something I didn't think I was capable of doing! I usually set lofty athletic goals, and am really hard on myself when I don't meet them. However, my last three races (two halfs and my 5K) all went really well. Yes, I was off my goal by 9 minutes in Ottawa, but really I know that the weather played a huge role in that so I was able to move past the time part of it. Later on, I was pretty wiped after such an exhaustive effort. I slept some more, and read a bit. In the afternoon, it really didn't look like it was going to clear up, but it definitely wasn't going to rain, so I took my camping stuff out from last weekend to air out and dry out before dinner. Sure enough, after dinner the clouds had cleared and it was bright bright bright. Oh well, I'm not psychic!

I went to pick up zoers at the Y at 9:30 and on the way home we rented Princess Diaries 2. Very Cheesy, but in a good sort of way. I was a little disappointed though when Julie Andrews broke into song and dance and it wasn't My Favorite Things. Zoe had to be off early this morning so I saw her off and went back to my apartment to work from home. I'm now at school to set up my computer (infinity yay!) and do my office hour. There isn't enough time in the day! Oh well, I have my model running on my computer at home, so I'm multi-tasking :)

No comments: