Sunday, June 19, 2005

I'm a speed demoned :)

I did the Waterloo Classic 5K race this morning, and for the first time ever, I really truely raced a 5K.

Finishing time, 25:43 according to my watch (they have chip timing, but without a starting mat, the number is kind of useless... my official time was 26:04). This is a full 1:30 faster than my PR and watch time, 1:50 minutes faster. I rock :)

Sorry for all you non-runners out there, but I'm super proud of myself! (4/24 in F20-24 too... but all the fastest youngin's run the 10K).

4 comments:

Blythe said...

Excellent timing! Good for you :) Yay Lamella!!

lj said...

I'm very proud of myself. I pushed harder than I thought I could, my splits need a little work on though, not much in the way of consistency!!!
5:15
5:07
4:95
5:05
5:20.... the 4:95 was the downhill on bridgeport, but that last km was really rough!

C-dub said...

Way to go! I'd be lucky if I vould do 5 km in 35 minutes! Way to go lj! You should have no prob with the tri then!

lj said...

Hey C-dub. I'm positive you have it in you to run 5K in under 30 minutes. You just have to push yourself. And I mean, really push yourself. I felt like I was going to vomit for the whole last km today.

My 5K goal for the tri is in the 28 range. It is soooo much harder to run when your legs feel like rubber after biking. I'll see what I can do.