Friday, January 14, 2005

Crazy weather, crazy busy!

Yesterday morning I went for a run, super nice, it was 11C and not raining. Then it poured all day and started raining over night, and then this morning EK and I went for a run, and it was horrible out! Slippery, snowy, and VERY blustery. Note for the non runners, running into the wind on slippery surfaces sucks!

So yesterday I went to this presentation for earth science students. It was really interesting about pharmecutical and virus tansport in groundwater. It was kind of nice to have the re-affirmation that I really like the stuff I am doing. I think I need that every once in a while when you get bogged down with modelling equations and have to plug through the really hard stuff. Last night EK and I went to the Running Room to sign up for the half marathon clinic. I fully expect to know 75% of the stuff they tell me, but I will have something to be held accountable too, and it won't be as easy to not train properly. I also need a new pair of shoes, they had to order them in so they won't be in for a few days. I guess it is time to get my newish mizuno's dirty :( (My tendonitis in my lower legs is starting to act up again. This usually means hands down, time for new shoes)

So that brings us to today. This morning was spent on 774 (ack!) and more work this afternoon. I'm getting into the habit of not really taking a lunch break, but today I have taken a whole 30 minutes off. Shocking, I know. I have to sign off here and go and read fun stuff on the divergence theorem. YAY!

(Oh yeah, we are going to see In Good Company tomorrow. I am super excited about that!)

No comments: