Monday, January 31, 2005

Busy trip to B-ville

So my weekend was very busy, but very nice.

I went to Toronto on Friday afternoon and got a new duffle bag from MEC (to transport my ski boots out west with me!) and then met my bro-in-law at his work to commute home with him. We ran out of gas about 15 km from his and S's house and we had to get S to come and rescue us off the side of the road. The gas light was broken and didn't come on, so we were pretty much screwed. I spent friday night at their house in P.Hope and went shopping with S in the morning. I got a new sweater to replace the one that got ruined in the Jenny-hook-in-nose incident and a new skirt to wear when I have to be professional.

We then went to b-ville for a big lunch (in our family, that would have been the "dinner" meal of the day). I got to meet the lady my dad has started seeing. At first I was pretty much determined to not like her since she isn't my mum, but she didn't try to be, and she was pretty nice. D and Maddy and I went into town in the afternoon to run a few errands and what not, and then just spent the rest of the day relaxing at my house, went in the hot tub and watched Shrek 2 (I noticed more little funny things!)

Sunday I went for a run (7ks perscribed by the running room clinic) and drove back to w/loo. On the way back, I stopped at ikea and bought some energy efficient light bulbs. I replaced the ones in the light that I use the most, and am now only using 22W instead of 120W. A little bit better... it kind of has a bit of a blue quality to the light which is kind of annoying, but I figure I can live with it, if it is better for the environment. Oh, and I turned down my thermostat to 65 when I left on Friday and when I got home it was 74!!!!! Gotta love the sun and near-zero temperatures!!!

So that brings me to today, monday, back at school. Looks like I am going to be here pretty late today, I might be heading home around lunch to go and work from home this afternoon, and sneak off to do some grocery shopping or laundry during then to make better use of my time.

No comments: