Friday, January 07, 2005

Scary Morning..

So I woke up this morning at 5:55 to the sound of my alarm going off. Jenny (cat) recognizes the alarm as being when I get up in the morning, so she came in for her early morning cuddle. I stayed in bed for about 10 minutes, but I had to get up since EK and I were going to go for a run. So I get out of bed and Jenny followed me around to the phone so I could call and make sure that EK was out of bed. I got the phone off the hook and then this terrible wailing starts. Jenny is stuck somehow to the sweater (My red one that kind of looks like a jacket) on the back of my chair. I thought maybe her nail or tooth was stuck in it, but to my horror, I realized one of the hooks (it is held together with hooks and eyes) is stuck in her nose. I frantically searched for the nearest sisscors, and cut off the hook from the sweater, but by that time, it was lodged in there pretty well.

I called EK and she came down and we decided to call the emergency Vet clinic and they said we should come in as soon as possible. So 2 hours, $45 in cab rides, $45 in medication, and $200 in Vet fees, we are back home, (sans hook or sweater - I ruined it trying to cut out the hook). I am pretty traumatized. I am so glad that EK was there with me, I was freaking out, and she was able to calm me down a lot. I think I'm going to head into school for a bit this morning, but I'll be back home for an early lunch to get my stuff for the gym and to give Jenny her antibiotic. I hope she is okay!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

holy crap I'm so sorry to hear that... Is she alright?

Maybe you should look into pet insurance also. (I suggested that to Blythe a couple of weeks ago)

kbum

Lotus Blossom said...

I never thought about pet insurance... might have to look into it myself, as I had a $500 vet bill with Sasha this year.

I'm sure Jenny will be fine! Just give her the medication, and she will be up and running about in no time... cats are tough little creatures.