Friday, November 11, 2005

Anyone want to go to lake placid with my in July?

I've decided I'm going to volunteer there at Ironman USA (closest Ironman to here). I'm so excited about this :) It'll be such a great experience :)

Oh, and if anyone cares, Hawaii is on TV tomorrow at 4:30 on NBC.

Hawaii

I love watching it every year, and dreaming of the day (if ever it is in the very distant future of hearing "Laura Jones of Ontario, you are an Ironman". So cool :) It's going to be so much fun to be there!!!

5 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

Crazy, crazy girl!

C-dub said...

I love Lake Placid! Went there several years ago on a family ski vacation.

lj said...

Are you in then to volunteer? Do it, do it!

Yes, niki I am crazy ;)

C-dub said...

What would this involve? How long would we be gone?

Give me some more details. It would be a lot of fun!

lj said...

Lake placid from Kingston about 3 hours (?) maybe less.

Volunteering, I'd likely go down friday night and stay until late on Sunday night. If you volunteer you sign up for shifts (probably about 2 hours in length (not sure about this). It would be cool to sign up to help for T1 and then again for the finish line later in the night to great the people who are the back of the pack. So that would probably be 8-10 am and pm during the day we could do whatever we wanted (spectate, hike, etc).

It would be so cool :)