Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Busy Busy Busy

So the past few days have been a whir of activity.

Friday was spent at school, then home to make my dish for the potluck, to spinning, and then home to quickly shower. The potluck was lots of fun. It was nice spending time outside of school with that group of people.

Saturday morning - man that was stressful. Wake up to 2"s of fresh snow. Don't think anything of it and head down to ring road to catch my bus to downtown to get my train. Snow not cleared off roads = bus 5-10 minutes late. I power walk from king st. to the train station. spend 10 minutes in line. When I get to the front of the line, the phone rings (now 9:10, train supposed to be leaving), apparently it is stuck on the tracks outside stratford and won't be moving anywhere. Ack! So have to figure out how I'm getting to Peterpatch - don't remember bus times either!) they are going to bus people to toronto but I likely won't get there in time to make my transfer, what time is next train to coburg. oh, that would be 6:45 leaving toronto. Ack! Okay, calm down. Left train station at 9:15, and am hustling! I have to make it back down to king (5 minute power walk) and hopefully catch a bus to the bus depot, but no guarantee of when the bus will be along. I know there is a bus leaving at 9:30 to toronto, an maybe if it is an express bus I could still catch the train to coburg. A nice lady stopped and drove me to the bus station. I ended up making it onto the bus at 9:31, express to toronto. Could have made the coburg transfer, but apparently there was a transfer at the bus station to peterborough, and ended up all the way up there. Phew. Long winded I know, but it was super stressful! Thanks to the random lady, I never would have made it up to peterborough without her.

Saturday afternoon we went to the festival of trees which was pretty neat, and then out to the Junction. I had a mini-breakdown when I realized I'm old and nowhere near where I wanted to be when I was 25. It is pretty depressing really. I want to have kids in like 5 years, but I'm no closer to that point in my life then when I was when I was 13. And no, single motherdom is not appealing to me, I will not have a child if I'm single.

Sunday morning had to get a hold of Bro-in-law, which proved difficult, but eventually he picked me up at 11:15 to drive me back to his place and then onto my dad's for family dinner. I got my trainer, yay!!! I still have to set it up. I fell asleep on the couch at 9 watching the 3rd harry potter.

Monday morning I was trying to get off early to come back to waterloo. My sis and Dad don't really understand that yes, I do actually have to be at school, I was hoping to leave by 9, but because of them, didn't get off until 10:15. Made me late for the 4th year project presentations, and I didn't have time to actually do anything other than drop off my bag and grab my rain jacket, so I had to go back home after the presentations. Not fun. Ran with the Tri club, did my laundry, and went grocery shopping last night. All fun.

No comments: