Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Happy Birthday to... My blog???

Yep, that is right. 1 year ago today I posted my first post on this here blog of mine (after switching from livejournal). Wow, how time has flown.

So what have I been up to??? Not much. Friday I went home after lunch and called my sister. Went to the gym for a spinning class, came home and started cleaning my appartment.

Saturday I woke up and didn't do to much in the morning, but got to the gym by 10:30 for a body flow class and to use the elliptical. Man, it has been years (literally) since I've been on one of those). In the afternoon I went grocery shopping and in the evening continued to clean my apartment.

Sunday I got up at my normal early hour despite having an extra hour. I did laundry and made cookies in the morning and went to the gym to do weights (Shocking I know) and went to soccer - we lost 1-0 so that is the end of our season. We played really well though in the second half :). Sunday night we went out for desert at the plantation to celebrate my marathon. I felt a little silly about this, but EK wanted to, so I didn't want to deny her ;)

Monday more of the same. Came to school, carved pumpkins in the hydro lab, handed out candy, went to bed.

Oh what an exciting life I live.

So now onto the mopey bit... At times like this, I really hate being single. I think it always happens when my schedule slows down a bit and I have time to spend by myself. Don't get me wrong, I love (and need) me time a lot, but I just feel like something in my life is missing. I know I have the best friends and family in the world, but it's just not the same. I want a companion, someone to share my life with. GAR! Where are all the single guys??? I know I can be picky, but is it too much to ask for a single guy who is active and enjoys the outdoors? really, it isn't that much.

3 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

We all have our mopey-days... whether single or not. When you're not single, you just find other things to be mopey about. I managed to ruin one of JB's and my last evenings together before he goes back to work because I'm in a mopey-mode. *sigh* As for the single guys... I know a couple out here, but there-in lies the problem... they are out here.

C-dub said...

I know what you mean. I get mopey sometimes for the same reason. I really wish I had a guy. I know we'll find the guys for us sooner or later, I am starting to get impatient though!

Anonymous said...

How bonker driving! Where are all the single women? Why not ask some guys out!!!