Friday, October 28, 2005

I'm baaaaaack

I know you all missed me greatly. I'm such a wonderful, fabulous person that your lives have been NOTHING without me all week long ;) Obviously I'm joking here... or am I?

The conference was pretty good. I was up super late finishing my presentation on Monday night. I'm pretty happy with how the slides turned out, but I would have liked to have another couple of days to practice my talk (instead of oh, 8 hours (in which I actually had to sleep.

On Wednesday, burger and I went to downtown chicago, went up the sears tower and walked through the expensive stores area (The Magnificent Mile). We went into Nordstrom, Sephora, Ninewest, and Tiffany. The people in those stores were pretty nice and realized that we were just costumers, and treated us decently. We then went into Saks Fith Avenue. Totally different story, the sales lady was totally rude, I think she realized we were just there to gawk at the price tags. However, the trip did reaffirm my love fro Christian Leboutin (I think I butchered that spelling!) shoes even if I would never (ever) spend $790 US on a pair. And Burger also discovered Jimmy Choo's (I personally think she would have bought them if I hadn't been there to set her straight ;), just joking burger, they were beautiful shoes, but I know you were more sticker shocked than I was.)

Yesterday it was back to T-dot. Pretty uneventful flight. I got back just as QC (who was cat sitting) was coming back from the gym, so that was excellent timing.

Oh, and the pictures are up from the marathon. They got TONNES of me :)

http://www.brightroom.com/view_user_event.asp?EVENTID=9148&PWD=&BIB=502 (And in case you are wondering, Yes, I passed that guy :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know they were taking pics of you while running?

lj said...

Oh yes, I knew they would be taking my picture, and I knew that they were there in most of the spots :)