Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wahoooo!

Progress! So on Friday afternoon I was supposed to get some number to add into my model, easy numbers that were supposed to just fit in all nice and then I could do my model runs this week. Well, turns out these numbers didn't exist and I had to find them by myself. Finally after 2.5 days of hard work, I have my model calibrated and am almost ready to finally start my model runs. Problem: Model runs are supposed to be done and graphed by the time the captain gets back next monday. NOT going to happen at this rate.

So my goal is to get my working from input files today, and then tomorrow spend the day setting up my input files: 1 file for each run, and at least 50 runs total (probably more like 100 since I have to vary two parameters). And then I can set them up so that they run over the weekend (either at home on my computer there, or here at school - If I have 20 going at a time, that will mean I *only* have to come in 5 times to restart the next set of model runs. That leaves me monday morning to assemble my data into presentable graphs.

Only hitch is that I was supposed to do all of this twice (once for column, once for "inject and leave"). I've never even tested the inject and leave model so I have no clue how or if it works, have no clue what kind of numbers we would want for flow rates, well diameter, etc. Basically, I'm screwed. Argh! oh well, I guess I can only do what I can do, and hopefully getting the second set up and running next week will be easy enough.

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel better now :)

2 comments:

Blythe said...

You could run your model on both your home and school computer, couldn't you? You could also use my school computer. Then you could use 3!

Oh geez. The life of a modeller. Sometimes really friggin' sucks.

Call me if you wanna chat. You know my extension ;) Tee hee. I'm so funny.

lj said...

Hmmm... thanks for the offer :) I'll let you know tomorrow night if I'm going to take you up on it. I'll wait to see what thomson says.