Monday, October 03, 2005

Bad posture?

Man that running guy never listened to the string tied to your head advice eh? Running like that all day like he has, I'm surprised he hasn't stopped because his neck/balk hurts. It's going to be one long haul of a month if he doesn't sort that out soon ;)

I'm feeling a little better, I've decided to leave my mass transfer problem for now and sort out other things. The new stuff isn't going any better, but hopefully when I sort it out the mass transfer will be magically fixed. Or at least make more sense.

Edit: 4:46 - yes, I'm still at school, shocking I know. I just remembered something from yesterday, so I'm at home watching the Subaru Ironman Canada. Lots of fun. They were at the finish of the swim and one of the commentators (the typical TSN guy who doesn't know what he is talking about) starts talking about how a number of the athletes are switching to butterfly at the end of the swim. WTF??? They are NOT doing butter fly, they are doing dolphin dives, which is faster than front crawl or running in about chest deep water. Very typical for high level triathletes to do this. No triathlete in their right mind would do butterfly during a race, let alone as the end of a triathlon swim let alone an ironman swim, it is inefficient, and horrible on the heart rate. We like to stick with easier strokes. All the top level people would know this. It irked me. Learn something about the sport before you start commentating. Oh and for what it is worth, the other commentator was Lisa Bently who is an ironman champion.

3 comments:

lj said...

It's art dammit ;) Maybe I'll replace the runner dude. You can see a lot of his... um... package... couldn't quite see it that much back at school

Lotus Blossom said...

Actually... fly is the best stroke for long distance, as it is very rhythmic. The problem is, most people cannot swim the propper technique in order to be able to do the stroke for long distances. I watched a swimmer do 1500 fly (rather than free) in a race - very fun to watch; wouldn't want to attempt (couldn't with my shoulder). :D

Blythe said...

I like the naked dude. You should leave him. It adds flavour to your blog template :)