Tuesday, October 11, 2005

*sniff*

As in I have a runny nose :( I hope I don't get too sick seeing as my marathon is in 11 days! I decided to take off this morning when I woke up feeling completely drained. Hopefully I'll get a good night sleep tonight and feel 100 times better, but I have a feeling this cold is going to get worse before it gets better. Maybe I should go off the echinacha and vit. c and just let it hit my like a tonne of bricks.

My weekend was pretty good. Action packed. Friday night my cousin Z was in Town for Oktoberfest so we went out for dinner (Maharaja, I love that place!!!), Then is was back to b-ville and I didn't get in till around midnight. ugh. Saturday morning was breakie with D&M, and up to Ottawa. Saturday afternoon got together with e, we went to gatineau and MEC. Lots of fun :) Then off to dinner at my aunts house.

Sunday was my last longish run. 21.5 km, felt pretty good and pretty strong, so that is always a nice feeling :) ran the last 2 miles at the same pace as the first two, so that is a good sign :) then I hung out with my Granny, dad, sis, and bro-in-law for the afternoon and went to my uncles for t-giving dinner.

Monday was up again and back to b-ville where I spent a few hours before carrying on to W/loo. Took me 3.5 hours to get to Missisauga where I met NQ for dinner (that was nice, I hadn't seen her since her wedding in June 04!) and back to home. Jenny was very happy to see me. I was going to take her with me, but I decided last minute on friday that she'd probably prefer to stay put. It was a good trial run for our conference in a few weeks.

That is it. I'm back at school now after a long busy weekend. I can't do much though until one of the other grad students sends me his lab data. If he doesn't send it to me, I may go home and sleep and do some errands. I guess we'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

eep.. And I thought doing a 3.5 km walk on saturday was pretty good. How do you do the 21km run, and still be standing when you're done?

lj said...

It just takes some building up. You can't go out and run 21K the first time. Man, that would be tough :) But seeing as I did 32 K last sunday, 21 seemed pretty easy ;)

Oh, and I'd say 3.5 is a pretty terrific starting point :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah 3.5 was a lot for my knee, but I like walking so I'm gonna try to do 3.5km again sometime, maybe this afternoon if I get a chance. My physio therapist will be impressed when I tell her that :)