Monday, October 17, 2005

Balance this!

Okay, so finally, my equations are balaced. Wahoo! Just realized though that my coefficients in the ones I ran yesterday were wrong, so all that work is essentially down the drain. Hopefully my runs don't take that long to do. I'm finally ready to set them up to run. 12 chemicals, 5 runs each = 60 runs. Each run takes about 10 minutes right now, so that'd be 10 hours. Ugh. If I get a bunch going on my computer before I leave today, I may have results tomorrow morning.

And for those of you with your kind words, thanks. I was in tears last night over this, and have spent over 5.5 hours this morning trying to balance these stupid equations. (Note: I just finished, and I've been here since like 7:45 this morning!!!)

My weekend was good. C-dub, nej, and Margo came down on Saturday afternoon to go to Oktoberfest, it was fun catching up with those girls :) The highlight of my night was when burger's boyf said that quite a few people had said I looked "sexy". Definitely an upper, especially since I tend to have pretty low self-esteem when it comes to my looks. (I tend to blame that on the reason why I don't get any boys, but the truth is, it is probably the way I feel I look and not the way I look that is the problem). Anywho, thanks to burger's Boyf, for making my week :)

I guess that is pretty much it. I haven't run since thursday - taking this taper thing a I little too serious. I plan on doing 13K this afternoon, first 7 by myself, last 6 with the triathlon club, which means, fingers crossed, IB will be there, and with my new found self-esteem, who knows ;)

6 comments:

lj said...

Not complaining about 10 hours, just the fact that I needed this results on Friday, and I won't have them until tomorrow. And then I have to run them all over again. I'm presenting at a conference next tuesday morning and because of my marathon, I can't work at all this weekend. So yes, I'm complaining, and I think I have to right to.

Blythe said...

I thought you looked sexy, but then again, I always think you look sexy.

I think I'm going to pump him for info on who else thought so too. I know that it was me, Jess and him and probably other people too :)

I am complainy too right now. I feel a tremendous amount of pressure and stress at the moment. Especially since a lot of the people in attendance (at the conference in general) are going to know more about "my work" than I am!

Not to mention if I look like a dummy it could ruin my chances of getting a decent job with so-and-so company or potentially a Ph.D with a certain professor (not that I want to go for more punishment). It's a relatively small group and unfortunately, people talk.

Yes, I am stressed too. Actually, I am scared shitless.

Blythe said...

BTW, the boyf is super-duper!

Lotus Blossom said...

You'd better chat it up with IB at the triathlon club... or else... *shakes fist* :D

C-dub said...

You were definately lookin smokin' on saturday! I called that one at the door ;)

Lotus Blossom said...

Where's sexy LJ?! Nej isn't here to demand... don't make me step up to the plate!