Friday, October 21, 2005

And they're off and running

My models that is. 60 models, 30-90 minutes each. Roughly 15 hours. I've so far taken over 4 computers, but might take over more as it slows down in the afternoon. It is friday after all :) One set already crapped out because the time step was too big. I'll try to decrease that step, and run this one chemical (5 runs) on my computer overnight. Oh, I lead such an exciting life.

I did manage to get hom last night by shortly after 7, so that was a nice change. I actually got to sit down and relax for the first time since Monday. I'm still fighting this pesky cold, it still hasn't got the better of me. I was feeling better yesterday after having a booster juice on Wednesday (thanks for the tip c-dub!), but it seems to have taken a turn for the worse again. I'll get another one tonight, and probably another for the car ride to Niagara Falls tomorrow morning.

So yes, my marathon. 2 days from now, I'll be running it! Time certainly flies when you are dreading something ;). Seriously though, I'm pretty excited and nervous about it, but haven't had too much time to think about it this week. Probably better that way since I tend to obsess a bit :) Okay, off to work on this presentation, can't put the results in, but I can put some rough conclusions in (I know what the model is going to show), and get all my method and stuff set up. Good thing I'm okay at winging presentations :) I'll probably not post again until Sunday night, I won't keep you in suspense any longer than that :)

No comments: