Monday, November 21, 2005

A guy's perspective

I'll explain the title at the end of this entry.

So Friday night was Harry Potter! Nej came up from b-town and we went with P&J, Q&R, and Burger. It was pretty great! They left out alot of the back story but managed to keep in all the key points. My thoughts are that they made the movie as good as they possibly could have. What made the book excellent was all the character development which would have taken hours more to do in a movie because of this, people who haven't read the book might not think it was as good.

Keeping with the Potter theme, Saturday Nej and I hit the town and went to the Waterloo Potters Guild show to do some christmas shopping. I picked up a stocking stuffer for my sis and a maple syrup pitcher for myself (It was pretty cheap, so I don't feel that bad about it :)). Saturday afternoon I ran a bunch of errands and relaxed at night.

Sunday morning I went for my longest post marathon run. 10K ooooooo. I did some more errands and got ready for my dad and his girlfriend who came for lunch. They were picking up the car since my oldest sis is flying back down from Tbay this morning and is borrowing the car for the last week of her visit.

Sunday night I was chatting with my friend AL (think BC). Something that I haven't actually mentioned here before - Last spring after E started dating P, she gave me her lavalife profile that had some "credits" on it. At the time I was still kind of skeptical of the whole internet dating thing and didn't put much effort into the thing. I didn't really search people, just waited for others to search me, and didn't get any responses. Nada. So anywho, last night AL and I were talking about all this, and he helped me update my profile, and voila, like magic, I've gotten something like 4 or 5 "smiles" in the last 12 hours. I haven't decided who, if anyone, I'm going to reply to since the replies cost credits, but we'll see. Just made me feel a little better about myself!

5 comments:

Blythe said...

Yay for you! Was this a result of our discussion last week? I hope I didn't make you feel pressured :(

What do smiles represent? I need a thorough explanation of how this procedure works!!

lj said...

Okay, so it was partially due to our conversation last week burger, but don't feel bad about pressuring, I need to take a more proactive role in this whole thing, not just expect some person to ask me out.

How it works: you put up your profile and you search other peoples. If a person sounds interesting, you can send them a smile (kind of means your interested, but it isn't a real communication, this is free). If they are online you can sent them an instant message, this costs money, or you can send them a mail message (this also cost money), to reply to a message that has been sent to you it is free. Man. Getting confusing here! That is the basics I think... So if I wan't to reply to any of these guys it is going to cost me money.

Blythe said...

Wow. So that is how they make their money. Cool procedure though. Whoever started it, is a very smart business person!

C-dub said...

Awesome! I have tried a fre singles sites over the years and lavalife really is the best. I never spend a cent!

If you can get over the stigma involved with online dating sites, they really are a good way of meeting people.

My grandmother suggested I go online to meet singles...how weird is that?!?! I guess that means it really is accepted now, because she is ultra-conservative!

Anonymous said...

What C-Dub said. You don't need to spend a cent. Prey on the desperity of men. Use your power. :)