Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Nothing much new

Just talked to Lisa about the donations, apparently they were going through the funeral home, but they are now going to be going through the department. She's waiting to hear back from SG in the Deans office and said she will e-mail me when she finds out.

Nothing else new really. Ran with the tri group again yesterday. Went pretty good, was actually able to keep up for most of the run yesterday (a couple of people sprinted on ahead, but I kept with/ahead of the main pack, so I was pretty happy about that. Back in mostly good health :)

Also Burger decided to give me some dating advise. Thinks I should be dating more. I couldn't agree more, but I lack the confidence to make a move, and no guy has shown any interest in me in, oh, 5+ years. Lots of fun there. Boo-urns to being single.

4 comments:

Lotus Blossom said...

You need some confidence, girlie... you are an amazing woman with a lot to offer a man. You just need to realize that for yourself, first! *hugs* Oh... and don't run away when a guy is obviously in to you when clubbing!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, you "just" got some advice!? I've been telling you to ask guys out for YEARS! YEARS! If you're shy go through the online route. Women hold ALL the power online. You can pick and choose exactly who you want, and dump (ie. ignore) anyone you want. Ask the next guy you like (crush on), out to coffee.

lj said...

Sweeting - Ah thanks :) I know I need confidence and that is what is lacking, but I don't really see any way of gaining it.

Keely - website you have to pay mucho money for, money, I don't have (I'm in debt right now from my trip and my bike, this isn't something I'm willing to go further into debt for. But couldn't agree with you more about not meeting many new people.

Andrew - Yes, hon, you've been saying it for years, but it has always been a "we". "We have to find ourselves a man/gil", "we have to start dating more". Burger is engaged... more of a YOU. I don't know, just makes it different somehow.

Anonymous said...

Don't get me started on weddings! I went to two last summer. I was in a bridal party in one of them! I have two more this coming summer. I understand your pain. But YOU and I both have to just start meeting more people and asking them out. :)

Women on online services like the very popular Lavalife, DO NOT SPEND A SINGLE DIME. I guarantee that you will not have to spend a cent. All contact will be guy initiated, and therefore GUY paid for.