Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Details you want

Details you'll get.

But first off, yesterday afternoon QC came into my office to see if I had heard about the earthquake... what earthquake I ask? The one in Africa. Go onto the net, sure enough, there was an earthquake in Tanzania with the epicenter ~100 to 200 km from K, and Earthquake that they could feel in Niarobi another 300 km past Kates. Problem - when I get home from school it is the middle of the night in Bukoba and I can't call Kate then. Call my dad, he hadn't even heard that it happened, so he didn't have any news. Ended up calling sis this morning, turns out that they didn't feel a thing where they were, and that no one even knew that there was an earthquake until they heard it on the morning news today (like 16 hours later). That was good. She also hadn't heard of anyone that was affected, so I'm guessing all the other VSOs in eastern Africa were safe and sound.

As for the date, don't know what else to say. Burger asked if he was cute, my answer, no, not really, but not hideous either. He is 3 years older than me, a mechanical engineering tech at a car parts company about 45-60 minutes NW of Wloo. He seemed like a nice enough guy, but I would say no chemistry. I figured a second date to make sure, but I'm thinking it isn't a match. Maybe it is just me being naive though, I do have that tendancy :)

1 comment:

C-dub said...

that says a lot that he would drive all that way to meet you! You rock! Regardless of whether there was a conncection or not, I'm sure it was a good experience for you. And an ego boost!