Thursday, December 08, 2005

Monterey Baby!

I found out yesterday that I got into my conference that I applied to back in July that is in Monterey California! I'm pretty excited, ever since I applied, I've been thinking about it. It is beautiful. Just as an example, here is a picture :)



Yeah, so I'm pretty excited about that :)

As for everything else, I'm really starting to think that Skiboy isn't for me. I don't want to start a huge political debate here, but it is important to me that someone is on the same page as me when it comes to ideals and social issues. Being Conservative would be a deal breaker, I can't see myself dating someone who leans that way. Just me though. I'm really starting to think that Skiboy is a conservative minded person. Which is just fine, I'm not judging (well, maybe just a little ;)), but like I said before, not for me. I'll still get to know him a bit better, but I'm really thinking this is going no where.

EDIT - Burgers car talk reminded me of my other good news of last night. My dad called, he only wants $2000 for the car instead of the $4000 we agreed on earlier. S's first car was free from my granny after my grandad passed away and my dad gave OUR piano to K (still at our house until she gets back), so yay for me! Extra money!!!

4 comments:

C-dub said...

Hey, I vote conservative, does that mean you don't like me anymore? ;)

lj said...

Hey C-dub. I still love ya, but I sadly, I can't marry you :p

C-dub said...

Well that's okay lj, you don't have to marry me.

But is political viewpoint all that important in a partner anyways? In my mind, they're all liars who make promises they won't keep, so what's the difference? I have no faith in political leaders anymore.

lj said...

Not really the political parties or the leaders of said parties, more the social policies that someone believes in. I can't see myself being in love with (and raising a family with someone) who believes in private healthcare, cutting funding to social services, thinks that gay people shouldn't be able to get married, and believes in capital punishment. Not me at all. They are all things I am hugely opposed to.

And Keely, I agree with your mantra. I think I'm voting NDP this time.