Friday, January 06, 2006

Weekend? please?!?

So, truth is it's been a while since I've worked on a friday afternoon. A very long while. I usually go home, but yesterday I went to see the supervisor to see if I could talk to him this afternoon (hoping for an early afternoon appointment). No luck. 3:30 it is :( Hope burgers meeting is short so that I can get in quicker, but I'm not holding my breath.

In other news, not much. This weekend is shaping up nicely, tonight I plan on doing a bit of baking and then cuddling up on my couch with my book. I told my sister I'd try to have it done by sunday to give to her (more details on sunday to follow). Saturday afternoon looks like I'm going to be taking a free yoga class with EK, QC and possibly WJ. Should be fun. Saturday is also MCBs birthday so he's invited me to go out with his friends to the stampede corral (yuck country!) but I said yes anyways. Ended up getting the tickets for the banff film festival - in Guelph though since waterloo was sold out. Sunday is a baby shower for my cousin. I thought they were naming him ethan, my aunt thinks Evan, so I'm leaving the name plates (on the books I got) empty for now!! It'll be nice to see the fam again (even if it is only the women!)

Now back to the topic of Saturday night. I'm a little nervous and confused about what is happening. He suggested that I drive over to his place and we cab to the bar so that I can drink... now for the confusion, if I'm drinking how am I to get home, or is he subtly hinting that I don't go home? I'm thinking that I could bus over to his place, cab to the bar with him and then just cab home. Would now be a good time to let it be known that I'm a virgin? honestly, I think it is still a little early for that conversation (afterall, we've only been on 4 dates and haven't even kissed yet). Man, some things about new relationships suck. This is one of them. (Note: I'm by no means against sex, just haven't done it myself yet, so want it to be "special").

5 comments:

lj said...

Hmmm good choices keelster :) I think that is what I'm going to do :) (Oh, and I used to sleep over at the ex's all the time since we lived in different cities, but I was young and he knew it was my first serious relationship so the virgin thing was just a given then).

Lotus Blossom said...

I think Keely said it best! Just play it by ear and see what happens.

By the way... country bars are not yucky... you had a good time at my going-away party in Guelph... admit it! :p

lj said...

Country bars are always better with alcohol :)

Blythe said...

I agree 100% with kbum!

C-dub said...

Ditto what keely said. Just play it by ear. If all you've done is hold hands so far, I doubt he's thinking of a sleep over, but hey, you never know ;)