Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Basketball Game, Sickness, and Downfall of Birthdays

So if you have read Burgers Blog than you have already heard the drama from last nights game. I got my first basket all season, and a couple of really good rebounds, however, I barely got to play. Probably less than 10 minutes out of 40. Not exactly fair. ditto to what Burger said about paying equal amount as other for 1/3 of the play time (well, one third of what the others are playing). I've noticed it a bit in the past, but last night was a little out of control. in the second half of the game, VK started, had a break and went back on before I got to go on. Not cool. I let them know that I was a little upset by it, but I'm glad that blythe made more of a fuss over it. (And it was upsetting since I was playing the best I have all season, but I didn't get a chance to play more and show everyone that yes, I was improving.)

As for my cold. Almost just a bad memory. still a little congested and have a slightly sore throat, but I'm getting better. Even though I had a crappy sleep. I ended up sleeping in a bit since our game was so late last night. I had a few errands to run this morning (downfall to birthday bit), so I'm still at home now. I'm going to have lunch early and then head to school by shortly after 12.

Downfalls to Birthdays - 1) you have to renew your drivers license, 2) you have to renew your Health Card 3) the office are in hard to reach location and only open on weekdays, 4) they expire in the same year (why??) and 5) you have to take half a day off of work to go renew them. Luckily I'm a grad student and taking off time really isn't an issue, but What about C-dub??? she'll probably have to take off half a day to go and get hers... grrrr... stupid government offices. Oh yeah, and I forgot that you had to pay for your drivers licence so there goes $75 :(

7 comments:

Blythe said...

i noticed that you rocked the house last night and i can guarantee that everyone else did too. Way to Go Laammmmmeeeellllaaaaaaaa!

lj said...

For the 8 minutes that I actually got to play?

seriously I barely even broke a sweat last night. Oh well. Thanks :) Everyone noticed that I actually got a basket... to be honest it would have been hard for them to not have noticed... I made a big deal out of it :O (as well, I should have... I think that is the first time in my life I have ever gotten points in a sports game by myself... I was never a tri scorer in rugby, I was a good :))

lj said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The licencing bureau is open in Kingston on Saturday from 9am -1pm and late on Thursday... the waterloo office should be open also ?!?!?!

lj said...

K - I think the Health card office was open on Saturday, but it is v. far away so I wanted to go when I had the car... it was over by fairvie park mall... well, probably about a km away from the mall...

Lotus Blossom said...

Way to go LJ! I would have made a big deal about your basket too... sorry to hear about the shift-hogs...

C-dub said...

lj, sorry to hear about your lack of playing time. That really sucks!

Thanks for your thoughts regarding the licencing. I went to renew my licence on the day I had off after the Beastie Boys concert. Otherwise, yes I would have had to either take time off of take a long lunch because the office is on the opposite side of town from where I work.

I have no idea about my health card. I will have to check, but I think it is fairly new. Good luck with your renewals ;)