Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Bridget Jones, Allergist and Rant

I went to see BJ2 last night with MK (work MK) and PS. It was v. good. Not as good as the book, but I think they left in all the important stuff. They did add on significantly to Daniel Cleaver, but that was the only way Hugh Grant would agree to do the second movie. I think that they still kept it the way Helen Fielding would approve of. Most of the stuff they left out of the movie was not important to the main plot, so that was good :)

I went to the allergist this morning to try and determine the source of my hives that I had for three weeks in May and June. The tests were inconclusive, so the source is still unknown. I still suspect Lee's Fern plant that was on the dresser, but who knows. I don't think I'll worry about it unless it comes back.

Now for the Rant. For Bball, we get credit at the Grad House since we are 2/3rds grad students. When we got the credit 2 weeks ago MK (basketball MK) sent out an e-mail asking for times when people were available/unavailable. I sent back an e-mail with 3 days after the season that were out of the question, the 25 (bday), and 26th & 27th (since I was going to visit C-dub and Exaggerator, we've had this planned now for 1.5 months). So now, last night, he sends out an e-mail saying this friday is the day, and I can't make it. Grrrrrrr. Luckily the boy can't make it either so the day may be changed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed (if not, I have no clue if I will ever even see him again.) Okay, rant over, it is just kind of annoying that it got scheduled on a day when I had other plans. (And MK said at a game 2 weeks ago not to worry that we would definitely be doing it on a WEEKNIGHT not a weekend.) okay, rant over for real this time, no more complaining from me.

1 comment:

Blythe said...

that's too bad that it was scheduled for friday :( i'll hope too that the day is changed. in defense for MK - him, VK and the boyf are *extremely* busy with school and i think its very difficult for them to take time away from projects and a trillion assignments (they truly do have a lot, waaaaaayyyy more than us). i think it's just easier for them to keep the hockey and basketball teams together on one write-off night, obviously friday. but i will still hope that the day is changed :)