Monday, November 29, 2004

Working from home today..

Well, supposedly working. I had to go to health services this morning. Since I had my annual checkup on Friday, I had to go and get the accompaning blood work done this morning. Dr. wanted to test for iron stuff and we decided on cholesterol too, last time they checked was 4.5 years ago and it was great then, but high cholesterol runs in the family, so we both decided it would be for the better if we got it checked out.

So, that meant no eating since 9 last night. for those that know me, they know that I NEED to eat in the morning, so that was a bit of a challenge. Since I was already at health services I figured I would also get my flu shot, forgetting that meant that I would have to stick around for another 15 without food. I ended up leaving there at like 9:40 and stopping at timmies on my way back to my appartment. (First time I have been all term, so I'm pretty proud of myself for that!) I also stopped by needles hall to pay my tuition for next term in hopes that they send me my ogs check before my credit card is due in a week and a half :O. So now, I am back home and I have a fun filled day of visual modflow and journal reading planned, yay! I can hardly contain my excitement.

My weekend went really well, it was one of those great weekends that is pretty nice. On friday afternoon I got a ride with K and his and burger's mutual friend to Missisauga (they were going to a concert in toronto), and I was able to take a bus from there to meet up with the exaggerator and c-dub. The ride was great, but I'm not going to read into anything and start obsessing, just keep cool and not do anything stupid. We went out for dinner at swiss chalet and then went out dancing (with mm as well!). The bar we went to was pretty fun. There was a bit of an older crowd, we were probably some of the youngest there, and to be honest, it was rather refreshing.

On saturday morning we went out for breakfast and c-dub dropped me off at the train station to go home. Apparently via has 50% off tickets when you buy same day tickets on Saturdays - score me! a $9.00 train ticket :) Saturday turned out to be a beautiful day, sunny and about 10C, is winter ever going to get here? EK and I went to the clay and glass gallery and christmas shopping downtown, and I got a bunch of my christmas shopping done which was pretty nice, yay! shopping! (Downpoint number one of the weekend, she found out that one of her family friends passed away on friday night - heart failure). She also came over on Saturday night to watch love actually. I love that movie, so sappy and so cute!

Sunday morning decided to go and run with the running room (hoping for 8 k), and I got up early and was checking blogs, and there was downpoint number 2 of the weekend, I read burger's blog about her GP1 who is uber cute and changed my feelings about those lovable rodents. I hope GP1 gets better and that everything is good!.

The running group ended up doing 10.5 km (ontop of the 1.5 I had to run over there since I was running late), so at 12 km, that is officially the furthest I have run in like 9 months. I'm a little sore today, but not nearly as bad as I was expecting. That is it for now... I know, such a short post ;)

1 comment:

Lotus Blossom said...

Wow... that is quite the post... very thorough! Sounds like you had a good weekend. I can't complain too much about my own weekend... just grumpy at myself for not getting a single thing on my to-do list done (I blame James!).

I hope all your test results come back a-okay!